Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Thousand lies...

I asked a wise man this: "Will I be able to swallow a thousand lies if I hold the truth in my own heart?"

He replied, "Not only will you be able to do it, but it is what you must do..."

So this is my fare. A thousand lies. Some of them are nasty little buggers who tear chunks out of the softer flesh of my gullet with their teeth. Others taste like nothing. There are a few rare ones that delight me like candy and make me smile at their aftertaste. But most of them are bitter and a bitch to digest.

"Now what?" I asked the wise man.

"Do you still hear the song of truth singing in your soul?" he asked.

I listened closely until I did.

"Good," he said. "Now you must wait for the lies to turn to poop in your gut."

(t.y.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment